No one argues that technology has transformed the way that offices function.
What is workplace automation actually in practice?
Workplace automation goes way beyond removing everyday documentation.
Utilizing online tools can imply bye-bye to paper, however, it does not imply being automated, or that is an efficient office automation system.
The idea involves using computer system devices, software and applications to digitally gather, create, store, manipulate, and retransmit the info required for performing tasks and conference office goals.
Equating: When speaking about workplace automation, we talk about handling information and resources with the help of technology, that is, utilizing a workflow to improve company efficiency.
Emails? Hmmm … In fact, they will be reduced! Spreadsheets? Ditto.
A workflow permits hours of work to be utilized more efficiently, eliminating lost hours by exchanging e-mails or instant messaging services.
The objective is to gather and arrange everything in a single platform to facilitate the shipment of the tasks on time, to assist enhance the existing procedures and to define a nimble and proficient work routine.
The Advantages of Office Automation
A few of the greatest advantages of automating office workflows are:
- Increased capability to track obligations;
- Possibility to delegate and follow the task of each staff member;
- Greater transparency, considering that the supervisor and the requester can follow all the requests in real-time;
- Simpler to establish concerns, by controlling due dates and sending alerts;
- Higher usage of working hours due to the minimized processing time of activities and manual mistakes;
- Enhanced information security, through the generation of a database for indicators, management panels, statistics, and process performance metrics;
- Greater control of the process, due to the fact that people will do the best thing at the correct time, increasing efficiency;
- Greater consistency and agility in data-based decision making.